Court Room History

The Court Room was built in the 1820’s. Evidence for this can be found in the Chapter Acts 1822 – 1827 held in Exeter Cathedral Library. This records that:

on Following report by Mr Coldridge, £500 to be spent on improvements at Staverton manor, including ‘stone abutments or other proper defences against the encroachments of the river’, stone walls for stream supplying drinking water by pipe to the town, road improvements and construction of ‘convenient rooms for the holding of the manor court and other manor business’

Chapter Acts in Exeter Cathedral Library